A toothbrush should be replaced every 3-4 months. If not properly replaced and put under continuous use, it will begin to fray the bristles of your toothbrush. Using a bad toothbrush can cause issues such as; gum damage, built up bacteria, bad breath, passing of viruses, and a long list of other issues no-one really wants to deal with. It's more worth it to replace over dealing with any of those problems.
A few other tips;
- Don't share your toothbrush (this includes with a spouse).
- Rinse brush thoroughly after use, make sure all toothpaste is removed.
- Use mouthwash before brushing your teeth.
- Do not regularly cover your brush's bristles.
- Try to keep them in a cup of some sort, not laid on the counter.
Makeup Brush Tips
Here are a few tips for cleaning your brushes and making them last as long as possible.
- Soak your brushes at least once a week.
- Use water and a gentle soap or a solution made specifically for cleaning brushes.
- Use lukewarm or hot water to soak, not cold.
- Reshape the bristles and allow to air-dry on a towel.
Hair Brush Tips
Here are some tips for cleaning your hair brush;
- Regularly remove hair from your brush.
- Run your brush under warm water.
- Massage the bristles while rinsing your brush.
- Clean your brush once a month.
- Option; use a spray made specifically for brushes to keep sanitized in between cleans.